Owlish Mutterings
6/04/2004
 
Shame is a many splintered thing
From Ramblings, to Llamabutchers, via TexasBestGrok Shame, at least for me, is dependent upon the situation. Therefore, there are times I feel embarrassed that I played role playing games growing up, as well as times I feel embarrassed that I am not playing now. So, when I'm in psychiatrist mode, damn near everything about myself causes me shame. Hmmm. Passive voice, let's rephrase that. I think that I should feel/I feel/I wonder if I should feel/ shame about lots of things, including close to all thoughts about sex, my body habitus, lots of random times when I misspoke or didn't speak when I could have. I feel shame when I'm eating with my parents and they (1) order water (2) order the cheapest entree on the menu, or share a salad and an entree (3) tip barely 15%. On the other hand, I don't feel shame [anger, maybe, but not shame] when it's clear I am more conservative, at least in some ways, than friends or co-workers. I don't feel shame trying to defend roleplaying as a social exercise to other psychiatrists [well, maybe a little]. I don't feel shame that the clothes guy from Queer Eye would throw away every article of clothing I own. I don't feel shame that I cry at the end of most Disney movies.

Comments:
What a great site Auto battery covers how work for tenuate
 
Looking for information and found it at this great site... »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger