Owlish Mutterings
7/11/2004
 
Harry Potter
Saw the latest movie last night with some friends. I read the book when it first came out, as well as this morning. Some thoughts: (1) The mood of the movie and book are both darker; I think the movie succeeds in this regard. (2) I had read a review pointing out that Harry and friends spend a fair amount of time in Muggle clothes while at Hogwarts. Yes, but... This movie seems to treat Hogwarts clothes as a school uniform - Malfoy was alway prefectly dressed in robes and tie. This might be useful for a theme involving pureblood wizards vs others. (3) I like the hippogriff being rescued by Harry, then saving them from the werewolf. I liked the explanation in the book that the friends became Anamages [sp?] in order to help a kid who was a werewolf, and because of that Black's form was useful for stopping the werewolf. Those 2 are basically incompatible. (4) My issues, but... The teacher leaving... Connection: having to hide that he is a werewolf; being ashamed that he is a werewolf; voluntarily leaving the school when kids find out he is a werewolf; thinking parents will be afraid that he will turn their kids into werewolves. In the real world, the connection I make is that he is gay. Partially because, in the movie he didn't look anything like what a friend had imagined him to be. I have to wonder if that was a conscious decision.

Comments:
This is very interesting site...
career accounting
 
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger