Owlish Mutterings
2/12/2005
 
Carnival of Recipes
Is out. # 26. I don't have a recipe in it this time, but some look tasty. One of the things I've been doing this week is cooking for my grandfather, who has some gourmet tastes [kind of hard to do in the Tiny Texas Town, although the superWalmart about 15 miles away helps]. He had been talking about a shrimp and scallops dish a restaurant made in years past, so when I saw this recipe for Shrimp Newburg from Feisty Repartee I decided to make it. It worked pretty well, although the cheese sauce ended up being really thick [ I might have used more cheese than the recipe recommended, I just eyeballed it.] Somewhat subtle flavor, I added salt and black pepper at the table.

Comments:
If you are interested, I can e-mail you another sauce to try on the shrimp, it's kind of like an etouffe with crawfish...

; )
 
Thanks for the offer, but I'm probably not going to make any more shrimp dishes for a bit. If you want, post it on the Carnival; I'm reading them all.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger