Owlish Mutterings
3/16/2005
 
Pedernales River Chili
In celebration of IEAPD, I made a crockpot full of chili. Tasty, but boring to write about, since I used a couple of seasoning packets to make it easier. My grandmother had quite a few recipe books put together as fund raising activities: a group of people would get together, submit recipes [often including family secret recipes], and then sell them as a fund raiser. One is Favorite Recipes of Texas [subheading: contains 900 recipes from Women's Club Leaders in Texas]. Date: 1964. Pedernales River Chili 4 lb. ground beef 1 lge. onion, chopped 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 t. ground oregano 1 t. comino seed 6 t. chili powder, or to taste 2 cans Ro-tel tomatoes 2 c. hot water salt to taste Sear meat, onions and garlic in large heavy bioler or skillet until lightly browned. Add seasonings, tomatoes and hot water. Bring to a boil. Lower heat; simmer about 1 hour. As chili cooks, skim off fat.
Ms Lyndon B. Johnson The White House Washington, D. C.

Comments:
Hello Blogger
And G'day from Downunder. I was hunting around the web for stuff on cooking course when I came across Pedernales River Chili. It's just amazing what these searches turn up. I'm not sure I'm finding what I need, but I'm having a lot of fun. Have a great day!
 
Well, I've enjoyed my visit to Pedernales River Chili, but I'm not sure it's what I was looking for. I was actually searching for articles on bread - these search engines are weird! Just thought I'd say hello while I'm here :0)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger