Owlish Mutterings
4/08/2005
 
5 Questions Part 1
This is a meme that's been bouncing around the blogosphere. This is a chain interviewing game for blogs. Here are its rules: 1. Leave me a comment saying “interview me.” The first five commenters will be the participants. 2. I will respond by asking you five questions. 3. You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions. 4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. 5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions. (Write your own questions or borrow some.) Stryker at The Digital Warfighter has 5 questions for me. And JohnL at TexasBestGrok may have 5 more coming at some point. So: 1. I don’t know you too well. How about you tell me a little bit about yourself that you already haven’t mentioned on your site? I bought a notepad, and have been writing a huge, detailed, life story. Way too much info. I'm assuming you've read the mission statment posts; they mostly still apply. Let's summarize: I'm a 38 year old single, gay, white male. I've had 2 semi-serious relationships with women, none with men. I'm out to my family and some friends. I'm a geek but not much of a techonophile - my most advanced platformer is a Playstation 1, my stereo system is at least 10 years old, and my laptop is at least 3. I consider myself a Christian but I'm not particularly religious - if I join a church [and I've been considering it recently] it would be for the social aspects and to join a choir. I'm trained as a psychiatrist but am currently unemployed and not looking for work. I consider my blog most useful as an online journal when I have something to say. Otherwise, I just am pointing out stuff I think is cool or interesting. I blog anonymously to keep my family or friends from reading what I'm writing about them. I've been reading military blogs since I personally haven't had any contact with the military, but have had several friends and relatives associated with the military in various ways. I had relatives fight on both sides of the civil war. I like owls, and have a collection of various ones [one stuffed, others ceramic, glass, paintings, a quilt, and a huge tie-dye one I made myself]. I'm not a birder. 2. From which part of Texas do you hail: Southern Texas or Northern Oklahoma? Born and raised in Dallas, but spent most of my summers and some school vacations in the Tiny NorthEast Texas Town [where my father was raised and where my parents now live]. 3. What brand/model razor do you prefer and do you like shaving cream or gel? I usually shave in the shower, and don't use soap or shaving cream [shaving by touch, not by sight]. I usually buy the not quite bottom-of-the-barrel disposable razor. Multiple blades seem to do better than just one, but otherwise I don't care. 4. If you were to play Star Wars Galaxies, which race would you want to be and profession would you pursue? Why? A wookie scout sounds cool, but I have no idea how well it would work. Using City of Heroes teminology, I tend to prefer blaster type characters to bricks, and a well rounded character to a highly specialized one. 5. Who is your favorite superhero (comic)? 3 answers. Among the most famous ones, Batman. Among less famous titles but still DC/Marvel, Strikeforce Morituri. Among independents, Kevin Matchstick [Mage]. Holy crap, Hollywood is working on a movie adaptation. Good questions. Anyone want to be interviewed?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger